Why Masks, Gloves, Hand Sanitizer Is Not The Answer To Building Your Immune System
Masks, gloves, toilet paper and hand sanitizer will not save your ass during the flu season
Okay. There I said it. I honestly am tired of the fear of our current situation, COVID-19. I am not trying to downplay that it has taken some lives. But so has heart disease, diabetes and cancer which have been linked to lifestyle choices for many (and that is science based). There is so much greed and fear from the hoarders, big Pharma, technology and our government. Fear is a poverty mentality of not enough in this world for me and we want it all (sounds like Big Pharma and a power struggle among the billionaires). The greed and fear is my opinion.
What few are talking about is, what preventative measures we can take. Our immune system is the key and we are all like walking petri dishes and some microbes will grow and flourish in one person and not in another. So what is your petri dish like?
If you really want to make a difference, don’t become a victim and take care of your own ecosystem, your own body, and be careful what you allow in your mind. Check out this BLOG for what else you can do.
What will reduce the risk, is prevention from the inside out. Everyday you are coming in contact with bacteria and viruses and whether they survive and thrive depends on how efficient your immune system and ALL the other systems in your body are working.
Take the time to honor and care for your body. If you are good to your body it will be good to you!
1. Practice good hygiene – wash your hands regularly, use hand sanitizer when necessary (here is a DIY one), cover your mouth when you cough and sneeze
2. Social distancing for some (I will always hug my parents and my kids even more so when they are sick, which is rarely, and lay my loving hands on them. I even kiss them, that’s me and doesn’t mean it’s right for you. There is power in a hug, kiss and a loving touch.) Keep your distance from the sick especially if your immune system is compromised
3. Get rid of the sugar, alcohol, grains and dairy products (some do okay with sheep milk, goat milk, raw milk and cheese from grass-fed cows); eat more vegetables, less fruit, moderate to minimal protein sources from hormone free animal products that have been sustainably raised, pasture raised eggs (be careful not all do well), wild caught fish, healthy fats from olive, avocado and coconut, few nuts and seeds
4. Get to bed by 10pm, your sleep quality and quantity has a direct impact on your immune system and how it responds to infections and inflammation
5. Minimize social media, the news to 10-15 minute blocks, in the morning and afternoon
6. Get outside and move (Vitamin D and improve circulation)
7. Drink lots of water your body is made of 60% water, a good rule of thumb is 1/2 your weight in ounces
8. Feed your mind hope, love, possibilities by reading a book or podcast NOT related to COVID-19
How do you know if you have a strong immune system?
Do you smoke?
Do you have a pre-existing health condition?
Do you take medication?
Do you eat CRAP food?
Do you watch a lot of news?
Do you binge on social media, movies and electronics?
Do you get less than 7-10,000 steps/day?
Do you complain a lot?
Get a FREE copy of our Natural Supplement Guide: Vitamins, Minerals & Supplements That Help Your Immune System
Get your shopping list, HERE, for Foods That Will Help You With Your Immune System, Pain, Inflammation and even shed a few pounds